If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 2nd Congressional District of Utah can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, please fill out the forms below and fax or mail them to my Salt Lake City office. As always, feel free to call my Salt Lake City office at 801-364-5550 if you have any specific questions.
Salt Lake City District Office
420 East South Temple #390
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
Fill out the form that corresponds to your situation in addition to the online form below:
General Release Form OR General Release on Behalf of Form
Immigration Release Form